Monday, September 14, 2009

Javi's Flowers

Here is a different/similar layer of my work and life.
Today, my son Javi and I went on a walk to the Allegheny Cemetery, which is one block from our house so we always go there for adventures.
We played some futbol for a little while, and then went exploring.
Javi found/collected a bunch of small blue flowers. He said he was collecting them for a "Flower artwork"...
I wasn't going to argue with that...



Along with the blue flowers, he collected just one yellow flower.

I thought I should take a picture of this.

I have long been fascinated by the way in which common things show themselves, when looked at upclose and with attention. At some point I started shooting images through a magnifying lense (for lack of a zoom lense), to share these micro sights with others.
Anyway, Javi put the flowers inside a plastic set of binoculars he had brought with him, to take them home.
Later, on our walk back home, we found this giant mushroom...



Later, when we got home, Javi had the idea, all in his own, to keep the flowers inside the binoculars, to make "one of those art things that you look into."




I don't know where he gets these ideas!
AA09

1 comment:

  1. That's just wonderful and amazing. I love you all so much! Keep up the great work.

    And that is a rather incredible mushroom.

    ReplyDelete